Cabinetmaker Job Description
As a Boxco Studio cabinetmaker, you will be responsible for the production of Boxco’s cabinets, from parts cut on the CNC to the finished product. You will report directly to the Shop Manager and will be expected to work with them to understand the design and specific details of each project so that you can perform most tasks independently. Your role/tasks will include the following:
- Review project shop dr
- awings and assembly sheets at the beginning of each new project. Assess and look for potential issues with fabrication.
- Review project timeline with the shop manager
- Sort and inventory all case parts from the CNC and prep for sanding and assembly
- Perform edge sanding of case parts and drawer box parts
- Perform case and drawer box assembly
- Install case hardware and drawer boxes
- Install custom pullouts and specialty hardware
- Install and adjust doors and fronts and install pulls
- Assist in finishing as needed
- Fabricate parts not cut on the CNC using the table saw and other machines
- Manage inventory of shop supplies and regularly stocked hardware (drawer slides, etc.)
- Pack and prepare finished cabinets for shipment/delivery
- Assist with cabinet deliveries and installs as necessary
- Receive deliveries of plywood and other sheet goods
- Clean the shop daily: put away all tools and store finishes, sweep floors and clean surfaces, and take out trash and break down recycling as needed
- Track your own time using Workforce
Compensation, Hours, Performance Review
Hourly Rate: $22-24/hour, pay commensurate with experience. We do not offer benefits at this time.
Work Schedule: 30 hrs/week, Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM with at least a 30 minute lunch break (7.5 hours)
You will have quarterly check-ins and annual performance reviews with your manager.
If interested, email email@example.com with your resume. We're looking forward to hearing from you!